Dnipro University of Technology — Compliance with the Time
Department today

The department was founded in 1921 as a department of mining electrotechnics. In 1965 it was renamed as a department of electrification of mining processes and industrial enterprises. In 1988 it was named as a department of power supply systems and in 2019 it was named as a department of power engineering.

Development of the department is connected to famous scientists in a field of power systems, such as G.Ye. Yevreinov, Prof. V.B. Umanskiy, Prof. N. Ye. Kuvayev, As. Prof. S.M. Maymin, Prof. S.A. Volotkovskiy, Academician G.G. Pivnyak and many others.


We are training specialists for:

  • electrotechnical systems of power consumption;
  • energy management


Educational levels are: Bachelor, Master


Directions of scientific activity are:


  • mining and metallurgical power engineering;
  • power supply;
  • power converters;
  • power technologies;
  • energy management.


Teaching staff consists of the Academician of the NAS of Ukraine, 2 Professors, among them 1 Doctor and 1 Candidates of technical Sciences, 9 Assistant Professors, are Candidates of technical Sciences, 2 Senior Teachers, 4 Assistants, 2 Post-graduate Students.


Post-graduate and doctoral study is also available.

© 2006-2023 Інформація про сайт